5GigE Vision CameraThe Mars 5GigE series is an industrial 5GigE vision camera, with a 5GigE interface. This is the best interface for high resolution and / or, high speed imaging where cable length is more than 5 meters. The Mars series only contains high resolutions for global shutter sensors.
This model is interesting for you when your application complies with the following conditions:
- An industrial camera
- Maximum cable length of 100 meters
- Inexpensive and easy installation of cables
- Only one cable is required to connect the device
- Dimensions are: 62x62x53.4mm
- Using the standard 1000mbit ethernet cabling (cat6 or higher)*
*The GRAB-D-PCIe4-10GPOE-1X1X is required to use a 10GigE, 5GigE or 2.5 Gige camera network interface.
If more details are required, the manual can be consulted.
Color Industrial CameraA color camera makes use of a Bayer pattern to produce a colored image. The RGB value of every pixel is being calculated by taking the value of a pixel, in combination with all the values of neighboring pixels. This results into less sharp images than those of a monochrome camera.
Due to the RGB filter on the pixels, every single pixel, considering white light, on average has 66% less photons than a monochrome camera. Which makes a color camera less light sensitive than a monochrome one. To compensate this, the following options are available:
- Increase the amount of light
- Increase the gain
- Increase shutter speed / exposure time
- Select a more light sensitive sensor
- Select a more light sensitive lens