USB3 High resolution global shutter imaging camera
The Mars USB3 series is an industrial USB3 imaging camera with high resolution global shutter sensors. These imaging cameras are used in machine vision, automation, ANPR, medical and R&D applications. USB3 is a high speed and low cost interface, making it ideal for most applications. This imaging camera is a perfect fit for you if you need:
- An industrial imaging camera
- Capturing moving objects in high resolutions
- Suitable for computers (x86) and embedded platforms: ARM V7 & ARM V8
- I/O cable is required to power the camera and control the I/O
Please note that due to the high power consumption of the image sensor, this camera needs external power using the I/O cable. Therefore always order an I/O cable with this imaging camera.
MTBF, warranty & product life cycleEach year, Daheng Imaging produces more than 100.000 industrial cameras according to the highest quality standards. The mean time between failure (MTBF) is more than 400.000 hours (45 years, 24/7). The industrial cameras are certified by TÜV Rheinland and have a 3 year warranty. After market introduction, every camera model is available for at least 7 years. Most cameras have a much longer product life cycle. For more information about our product life cycle management, check this article.
MONOCHROME IMAGING CAMERA
A black and white imaging camera, also known as a monochrome imaging camera, offers advantages in a variety of applications. While the market for security and telecom focusses on color cameras, the industrial market utilizes the advantages of black and white imaging cameras. Black and white imaging cameras are very light sensitive, provide sharp images and reduces data compared to color. This makes it ideal for the processing of images. By selecting the right color for your light source and lens filter, a black and white camera can utilize the products characteristics. As a result a monochrome imaging camera creates sharp images with large contrast.
ADVANCED IMAGING CAMERA FEATURES
The MARS USB3 imaging camera series has both standard and advanced features onboard, like:
- Programmable ROI, increased frame rate with partial scan
- Gain, exposure and white balance programmable (white balance only for color models)
- Support auto gain, auto exposure and auto white balance (auto white balance only for color models)
- Four acquisition controls: Single frame acquisition/Continuous acquisition/Software trigger acquisition/External trigger acquisition
- Trigger mode: Frame Start /Frame Burst Start
- Support LUTs and storable user sets
- Support decimation, binning, image reverse and digital shift
- Support color correction for improving image quality (only for color models)
- Adjustable gamma for optimizing the brightness of the images
- Exposure delay effectively reduces the effect of the strobe delay
- User-defined data storage area: 16KB
- Compatible with GenICam™ and USB3 Vision®, can be used in a wide range of 3rd-party software such as Zebra Aurora Vision Studio
- Optimized software package for lower CPU loads in host running 32/64bit Windows
- Multiple samples and easy-to-integrate SDK for various programming tools
- Regulations: CE, RoHS, GenICam, USB3 Vision
The complete set of features makes the MARS USB3 Imaging camera series a perfect choice for high performance image processing.
The camera will be delivered by default with M42 mount and an additional M42 to F mount adapter, so that both lenses can be used on this camera.