Industrial USB 3.0 Vision camera
The Mercury2 USB3.0 camera is an industrial vision camera, with an USB 3.0 interface. USB 3.0 is an appropriate interface for high resolution and high-speed cameras. This interface is very suitable for embedded platforms such as the Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi 4, NVIDIA Jetson TX1, TX2, Nano and Xavier and for standard computers.
This industrial vision camera model is interesting for you when your application complies with the following conditions:
- An industrial camera
- Maximum cable length of 4.5 meters (or 10 meter using optical USB3 cable)
- Only one cable is required to connect the device
- Compact dimensions (29x29x29mm)
- Suitable for computers (x86) and embedded platforms: ARM V7 & ARM V8
- Hardware triggering (I/O cable is required)
For more details about our industrial USB 3.0 vision cameras check our manual.
MTBF, warranty & product life cycle
Each year, Daheng Imaging produces more than 100.000 industrial cameras according to the highest quality standards. The mean time between failure (MTBF) is more than 400.000 hours (45 years, 24/7). The industrial cameras are certified by TÜV Rheinland and have a 3 year warranty. After market introduction, every camera model is available for at least 7 years. Most cameras have a much longer product life cycle. For more information about our product life cycle management, check this article.
MONOCHROME INDUSTRIAL CAMERA
A black and white camera, also known as a monochrome camera, offers advantages in a variety of applications. While the market for security and telephony focusses on color cameras, the industrial market utilizes the advantages of black and white cameras. Black and white cameras are very light sensitive, provide sharp images and reduces data compared to color. This makes it ideal for the processing of images. By selecting the right color as your light source and lens filter, a black and white camera can utilize the product its characteristics. Hereby men can create images with a large contrast and a high resolution.
NIRNIR cameras are monochrome sensors that are specially developed for the Near Infrared Region. These are the wavelengths from 800-1000nM. Normal IR leds operate at 850nM or 930nM. The photon sensitive parts of the pixel of a NIR camera are deeper then of the standard monochrome camera, therefore they are better able to catch the photons of the higher wave lengths (800-1000nM). NIR sensors are more expensive then standard monochrome camera’s. These camera’s are ideal for low light applications, like intelligent transport systems (ITS) and medical imaging.
ADVANCED VISION CAMERA FEATURES
The ME2P USB3 vision camera series has both standard and advanced features onboard, like:
- Programmable ROI, increased frame rate with partial scan
- Gain, exposure and white balance programmable (white balance only for color models)
- Support auto gain, auto exposure and auto white balance (auto white balance only for color models)
- Four acquisition controls: Single frame acquisition/Continuous acquisition/Software trigger acquisition/External trigger acquisition
- Trigger mode: Frame Start /Frame Burst Start
- Support color correction for improving image quality (only for color models)
- Exposure delay effectively reduces the effect of the strobe delay
- Compatible with GenICam™ and GigE Vision®, can be used in a wide range of 3rd-party software such as HALCON and LabVIEW directly
- Optimized software package for lower CPU loads in host running 32/64bit Windows
- Multiple samples and easy-to-integrate SDK for various programming tools
- Regulations: CE, RoHS, GenICam, USB3 Vision
The complete set of features makes the ME2P USB3 Vision camera series a perfect choice for high performance image processing.