Machine Vision Camera housing XL
Our XL machine vision camera housing protects different machine vision camera brands as Daheng Imaging, FLIR, IDS Imaging, Allied Vision, Basler, along with many other brands against moisture and dust. It also protects your lens settings against unauthorized persons that want to tune a vision system. The XL enclosure has been tested in IP67 conditions with our GigE, USB3 and I/O cables. It's the most affordable machine vision camera housing on the market. The Machine Vision Camera housing has no branding on it. Your chance to create brand awareness at your customers by labelling the housing with your own company logo. With our industrial machine vision camera enclosure your machine vision solution will get more robust.
Protect your machine vision camera with a housing
The user-friendly industrial camera housing is a compact, high-quality enclosure that provides optimal protection for your machine vision camera and lens. With the camera housing, it is possible to use your machine vision camera in humid and dusty environments. Machine vision cameras are a crucial part of industrial automation. Protect your camera and lens with this machine vision camera housing.
IP67 waterproof enclosure
The enclosure has been developed to meet the IP67 standards. IP67 means dustproof and waterproof (protected against immersion up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes). The IP67 tested camera enclosure features a two-piece sealing concept: for the body and the lens (lens tube). The enclosure concept is based on 1 part aluminum and 1 part industrial polymer. The blue aluminum part of the machine vision housing serves as a heatsink. The heatsink ensures that the heat is dissipated from the camera. At an ambient temperature above 35 degrees, it's mandatory to attach the camera enclosure to a metal profile, so that the heat can be further dissipated. The glass in the lens tube of the enclosure transmits frequencies between 400 and 1000 nm.
Modular camera housing / lenstube extension rings
The housing of the objective part (lens tube) is modular so that different length objectives can be used. Each enclosure will be delivered including a 20mm lens tube (outside dimension) and four 15mm extension tubes. This makes it easy to adjust the length of the lens tube to the size of the lens. With the standard included extension tubes the following lens lengths are possible (measure from front of c-mount camera to front of lens, based on MER and MER2 camera series):
- no extension tube, max lens length 18.5mm
- 15mm extension tube, max lens length 33.5mm
- 15mm + 15mm extension tube, max lens length 48.5mm
- 15mm + 15mm + 15mm extension tube, max lens length 63.5mm
- 15mm + 15mm + 15mm + 15mm extension tube, max lens length 78.5mm
Additionally, you have the option to buy the EC12 accessory:
- EC12, two extra 15mm extension ring to support a lens of maximum 108mm
The maximum lens diameter is 74mm.
What makes our machine vision camera housing special?
- The camera housing vent rapidly equalize the pressures while blocking water and contaminants. It ensures that the air pressure is the same inside the enclosure as outside. This prevents gaskets from leaking.
- USB3 or GigE cable entry. Waterproof termination on the cable (tested with our USB3 and GigE Cables), eliminating the need for expensive IP67 cables. You can use our standard cable. However, our Highflex cables are excluded. If you use cables from other suppliers we can’t guarantee a good sealing.
- The camera housing is provided with a cable gland for an I / O cable (as standard this is closed with a plug).
- The camera housing has a lens tube. The lens tube can be extended by placing extension rings. This makes it possible to adjust the length of the lens tube to the lens you are using. Four 15mm extension rings are supplied with the enclosure.
- The lens tube of the enclosure is easy and quick to mount / dismount due to the bayonet fitting (turn a small turn to the right).
- Many machine vision camera brands (maximum size 44x44mm) are supported in the enclosure, like AVT, Flir, Basler, IDS and Daheng Imaging.
- One housing / article number for all brands of cameras. 2 adapter plates and 4 lens tube rings are supplied per housing, so that you can always fit the enclosure.
- Excellent price / quality ratio.
Adapter plates for Basler, FLIR, AVT, IDS and many more cameras
Standard we include 2 different mounting plates, type1 and type2. Depending on the camera model, you only need to use one of these adapter plates. Beside Daheng Imaging we also support Basler, FLIR, Allied Vision (AVT), IDS Imaging and many other camera models with a maximum dimension of 44x44mm.
Adapter plate 1 (29mm):
- Daheng: MER & MER2 series
- Allied Vision: Manta, Mako, Alvium
- Jai: Go, Go-X
- Flir: Blackfly, Blackfly-S V1 & Grasshopper3
- Basler Classic, Basler U
Adapter plate 2 (30mm):
- Daheng: ME2P series
- Basler Ace L
Starting at 50 pieces, we can make a customized adapter plate for you, ensuring your camera fits perfectly into the housing. The maximum camera dimensions are 44x44mm. For low volume and if your camera has a height of 25-34mm, you could consider to take adapter plate 1 or 2 and drill extra holes in it to fit you camera. When the camera has a height of 29mm, it will be perfectly outlined in the center of the housing. When you camera has a height of 25 or 34mm, your camera will be 2mm off center.
Daheng Imaging camera enclosure
We support the MER / MER2 and ME2P cameras from Daheng imaging. You can recognize the camera as the type number starts with MER, MER2 or ME2P. Both USB3, GigE and GigE with PoE are supported. We have designed the housing to work with our wide angle 6mm lens for 1.1” sensor. Please note when using this lens on a 1” sensor, the image is perfect. When using this lens on a 1.1” sensor, you have some dark corners. For a 1.1” sensor we recommend a lens with a focal length of 8mm or higher. The housing can also be suitable for our M12 3.3MM wide angle lens.